Mar 21, 2013

More Money, More Problems?

,
Today I finally got to getting my taxes done. What a relief! Now I can sit back, relax and anticipate my refund check :)

Honestly my finances... Let's just say a double portion from the Lord would be welcomed with arms wide open. I don't know about you, but I know that a lot of people struggle with their finances. Money is also such a sensitive topic, and some consider it to be taboo to talk about money which is why they never share any problems they might have with it.

Whether or not you feel comfortable talking about money, I just want to encourage you to handle your money wisely. The bible says that the love of money is the root of all evil, however some "christian folk" have it that money itself is the root of all evil, and that being broke is somehow honourable, or worse yet, godly. I personally serve a rich God who further wants me to live well. As long as my worldly possessions never take the place of my God, I don't see the problem.

So being a finance major and all, I just want to advice on how impactful the use of a budget can be. The word budget scares a lot of people, however it's nothing more than planning and setting monetary goals of what you'd like to achieve. Don't make it complicated, it's all addition and subtraction when it comes down it. If the numbers don't add up, change them. No biggie. But make sacrifices if necessary to achieve your goals. Want a new car?  Plan for it. Want to travel to Italy? Plan for it. Nothing's impossible. Where there's a will there's a way :)

Hope y'all had a fabulous day.

Stay Blessed!

0 comments to “More Money, More Problems?”

Post a Comment