Jun 21, 2013

Setting Goals

,
And so the work week draws to a close. By the time Friday roles around, I'm so beat, all I want is to lay down. No cooking, cleaning, organizing, nothing! 

Today also marks the first official day of summer :)  And the weather was definitely on board and co-operated with some lovely sun and warm temperatures.

Yesterday I touched on the topic of figuring out what it is you want and going after it. Well today I want to elaborate on that point and recommend that you all write down a list of 5 goals (Could be less or more, however shouldn't be too many).

Set a financial goal, a career goal, a personal growth goal, a "bucket list" goal, and a family related goal. I would say to let the deadline be December 31 of this year, or you could make a 3 month/quarter year goal. 

A pice of advice regarding goal setting that I read, is to make your goals s.m.a.r.t. : 

Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Realistic
Timely

It's not as easy as it sounds, but think about it, pray about it, and write it down. The bible says to write down your vison and make it plain (Hab 2:2). I challenge you to have your list by July 1, and from there you have a daily reminder of what you want to accomplish before the year ends. This way you can consciously complete smaller tasks that all pertain to achieving your goals.

I hope you give it a try :)

Bless and Love Y'all!

Stay Pretty & Precious,
Peace

0 comments to “Setting Goals”

Post a Comment