Nov 11, 2014

Veterans Day/Remeberance Day - Make Love Not War

,
It's Veterans Day today, or Remembrance Day if you live in Canada like I do. I'm sure you've read and seen plenty of military footage today. Surprisingly my exposure has been minimal, a couple of facebook posts about sums it up.

I'm personally more of a make love not war type person, and I'm sure everyones ideal is world peace. It's just our opinions on the means necessary of achieving this that varies I guess. 

The bible does say

Don't repay evil for evil (1 Pet 3:9/Rom 12:17) 

and 

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21) 

and yes, I'm well aware that Christians throughout history have started wars in His name. That doesn't make it right though. 

My hope, I guess, is that this day isn't just to salute soldiers and thank them for their sacrifice, but that we actually take the time to reflect on why these soldiers went to war in the first place. The slogan "lest we forget" kind of implies that we need to think. 

So what I would like to encourage you to do today is to think about your personal contribution to "world peace", if you will. Remember, charity begins at home. Furthermore, 

How can you think of saying to your friend, 'Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye' when you can't see past the log in your own eye? (Matt 7:4)

Everyday is an opportunity to be better and do better. 


Live life to fullest & dress for success

Love & Bless Y'all!
Stay Pretty & Precious, 
Peace

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Especially reminding us that peace can be first started in our homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! I know, for some reason we want to solve everyone else's problems, when our own nest is in shambles, lol. Thanks for reading! Appreciate the feedback! :) Xoxo

      Delete