Feb 28, 2013

I have a Dream

,
So today is the last day of February and with that, the end of  Black History month. I haven't reflected on Black History month much on this blog or otherwise, but wanted to acknowledge it before it ends.

In America I would have to say that Martin Luther King Jr is the most impressionable personality that I look up to as he addressed injustice and led the civil rights movement in the 1960's.  However being of African decent I also have the utmost respect and admiration for Nelson Mandela.  To be able to still have love in his heart after being imprisoned for near 26 years!!! I think I'd personally be on a different level of hate.

However, what I want to leave you with today is that both Mandela and King believed in something. The dream they had caused them to suffer all kinds of consequences while pursuing its realization.Why is it that we're scared to pursue our dreams? I'm pretty sure pursuing them doesn't involve persecution, jail time, or the possibility of assassination. So what is it? (I don't have the answer, believe it's different for everyone). It's worth doing some self-evaluation and reflection though to discover and address the leading cause of that fear.

Create the life you LOVE. You've only got one, so make it count. With God all things are possible (Matt 19:26) so you owe it to yourself to do your part and try, and God will do His part and see you through.

For the sports fans out there, Stephen Curry, who plays for the Golden State Warriors (NBA), scored 54 points in yesterdays game. That's a heck of a lot considering the teams' total score was 105. Written on the shoes he wore yesterday were the words "I can do all things" referencing the scripture in Phil 4:13 that says "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." These very words apply to you and me.

So with that, go out and seize the day, realize your dreams, and know that you are the only one standing in your own way.

Be blessed!

0 comments to “I have a Dream”

Post a Comment