Oct 31, 2013

Delay is NOT Denial

,
Hi everyone!!! Guess who's back?! Oh my goodness it feels so good to be back up and running. Incase you missed it, I haven't had internet access for the past 3 weeks and wasn't able to blog regularly as I promised I would. It's not even funny how dependent on technology we (well at least me) are. The saying you don't know what've you got 'til it's gone is so true for me in this instance. 

In my absence I noticed that I still got some new subscribers. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart for your loyalty, and to my new subbies, welcome, I hope I can make up for my absence and convince you subscribing wasn't a mistake :)

Going without technology gave me the opportunity to reflect more and pray more and I have to say a load was lifted emotionally and physically. I had quite a few "blue" days before and as much as I quoted scriptures and forced myself to think positive, my heart wasn't necessarily on board with what my head was saying. In other words, my heart was still heavy. 

Courtesy of Pinterest.com
I can't pinpoint the day or the moment, however I was reflecting (again) the other day and it dawned on me that I was truly happy. That load on my chest was just gone and I cried in gratitude over having reached the "other side". See while I was going through it felt like that day would never come. I told myself it would, and thought of others that I know God's brought through, however my head-knowledge wasn't convicting my heart at the time. 

In addition to being emotionally liberated, God gave me a very unexpected financial windfall. It enabled my family to resolve a number of obligations and overdue needs. I had to pause for a minute to analyze if my mood was in any way related to the money that came in, (because a current bible study that I've been doing with my church touched on the topic of being materialistic). I concluded that my inner-most joy wasn't linked to "things" as it improved prior to the money arriving. I'm obviously happy though to have received it because of the needs that were met. However I know what it is to go without, and I know that God is still faithful! 

If anyone of you are currently going through, and it seems like it will never end, I'm begging you to hold on. It can be as long as a year or longer (not reassuring, I know), but trust me, things do get better. The word that confirmed to me the how, and possibly the why, is "seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matt 6:33 KJV) Don't give up :)

Love and Bless Y'all!

Stay Pretty & Precious, 
Peace

0 comments to “Delay is NOT Denial”

Post a Comment