May 13, 2013

Divinly Planted for a Purpose

,
Hey y'all! Hope you've recovered from all the mother's day festivities.  I had my first day back at work today, after a year, and funny enough it wasn't bad. I was somewhat apprehensive about it all leading up to today, but today I felt calm and collected, lol. I actually looked forward to it. And from hereon out, it's grind mode :)

I found myself implementing a new, more disciplined routine leading up to today. I get up a bit earlier so that I have time to complete my squats (decided to go ahead and do the 30-day squat challenge, lol). I get my little devotion time in too, and it just feels good to get a good start to your day. 

In going back to work I found that there have been quite a few changes, personnel wise, over the past year, and many have left to seek greener pastures elsewhere.  I spoke to you all about greener pastures previously, so you have an idea about where I stand, lol.

It is tempting though, when you hear that people are finding "better" opportunities elsewhere, specially if it involves more money. I think to myself, "I could do that! I'm educated" Lol. But a word I heard on Sunday put me in check. I'm not saying it's wrong to move on, specially if you feel led in your gut, in your spirit, that it's time to go. 

The word was that we are placed in certain places for a specific reason, "For such a time as this" as it's expressed in Esther 4:14. There are situations in life where you can either sense, or circumstances and situations arrise that confirm to you that you are divinely planted there for a purpose. It could be for your personal benefit, or for someone else's. 
Courtesy of adamsparkadventures.blogspot.com

The way that I landed my current job is truly by God's intervention. It's a long story, but basically a complete stranger approached me and offered to be my internal reference as they already worked there. For that, and other "small" reasons, I know I'm where I'm supposed to be.

Perhaps you've been tempted to leave where you're at because the general consensus is that it SUCKS to be where you are. But don't let the influence of others affect your obedience to God. The same applies to the opposite. If you feel led to leave, but you'd look like a fool leaving the dream job that pays 6 figures, don't listen to what others have to say. Listen to your heart. 

I hope you all have a great evening and wonderful day tomorrow!
Bless & Love Y'all!

Stay Pretty & Precious, 
Peace

0 comments to “Divinly Planted for a Purpose ”

Post a Comment