Apr 24, 2013

Now is the Time

,
"When you know better you do better." This is a quote by Oprah which I believe she got from Maya Angelou. So I guess that makes it a quote by Angelou although I got it from Oprah, lol. Specifics aside, this quote set me free from guilt over not having done certain things in my life. 

I was sitting here thinking and contemplating, and as I said feeling guilty for not doing something that I should have been doing. However I can't change the past, so no matter how much I dwell on it, it's not going to change. A sense of relief came over me when I remembered this quote because it somehow "excuses" the past and gives me a new beginning. 

You may have felt similarly, regretting things you did or did not do in your past. Sometimes we have to accept the fact that we can't make up for lost time, however we scan start afresh now. It's never too late to start. Whatever it may be, education, business, mending family ties, traveling, social, political, you name it, you can start now.

A Chinese proverb says the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, however the second best time is now. The same could probably be said in your circumstance. The best time to finish college was when I was 20, best time to have built a relationship with my father was when I was 18, etc. Whatever the case, I encourage you to do it now instead. Don't immerse yourself in your regrets over not having done it 10 years ago, it doesn't help or solve anything. Find peace in knowing that you now know :)

Stay Pretty & Precious,
Peace

0 comments to “Now is the Time”

Post a Comment