Feb 13, 2013

Walk by Faith

,
I'm finally getting around to today's post.  Although today was mostly uneventful, my 9 month old wanted some extra TLC so my hands where occupied with him all day.  Around this age babies are said to have separation anxiety which seemed to be proven right as we had company over, my son's godfather actually, but he was NOT trying to be held by anyone other than myself or his dad.  It's all good though, they're only this age once right?

Part of my commitment to this blog is to post something every single day.  It's kind of a personal challenge, but also my way of ensuring I don't procrastinate (something I've been known to do) and not post anything for like a month. Part of this challenge is knowing what to write everyday, something that I don't always know in advance. The first week I found that God just handed it to me, and around noon I had an idea of what I was going to write about.  This week has started off a bit more challenging and I've found myself putting on the computer and getting to my blog site with a blank stare, lol.  Funny enough though, as soon as I've played around with the keyboard for about a minute, the post manages to take shape and a positive message is able to be shared.

I say this to encourage you.  Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr said, "Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step".  The letter from which this quote is taken from ends with "...You will not reach anything if you remain still."  Walking by faith is not always easy but oh so necessary. The bible says you only need faith the size of a mustard seed to move mountains!! (Matt 17:20) How awesome is that?! The mustard seed by the way is one of the smallest seeds out there with a diameter of 1-2 mm. That's pretty small. But it's enough :)  So whatever it may be that you're scared to take the first step in, don't be.  It's the only way you'll reach your destination. I don't know about you, but I sure have places I plan on going and seeing.  I don't have the blue print or map of how I'll get there, but I know my faith will take me there. And it will take you there too :)

Have a good night!

0 comments to “Walk by Faith”

Post a Comment