Feb 21, 2013

The Little Black Dress

,
I thought I'd dedicate a post that further elaborates and explains why I chose the name Little Black Dress for my blog, seeing as this isn't a fashion blog and may therefore come across as odd.

Actually when I first started the blog I didn't know what it would be about or dedicated to, and the name actually came from a journal that I have.  I do think though that the name is fitting for a blog dedicated to fabulous and classy women.  Whether or not you see yourself as such, I speak it over you and proclaim it to be so :)

Classy is not a matter of name brand or expensive clothing, it's about elegance and style which is all in how you carry yourself and speak. Ever heard of the saying, "It's not the dress that makes the woman, but the woman that makes the dress"? Well it's true. Why not always put your best foot forward and present yourself as the beautiful woman you are. Inside and outside that is, as we know true beauty comes from within.

I also found that in the world of fashion, the little black dress is a staple item, it's timeless, and can be dressed up or dressed down depending on what you pair it and accessorize it with.  And guess what? Being classy will never be out of style either. Neither will being kind, loving, gentle, faithful, and all the other fruits of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-24).

Coco Chanel herself said "A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous."

Stay Blessed!

0 comments to “The Little Black Dress”

Post a Comment