Mar 31, 2014

Find Love & Be Fearless

,
As promised, here is my rendition, or interpretation, and take away from day 1 on my 21 day journey to fearlessness.

A quote which some of you may have heard is that being fearless (or courage) is not the absence of fear but the mastery of fear (the bravery/courage to do "it" anyway). There are a number of variations to this quote but the principle is the same, you can't be fearless without fear being present to begin with.

With that said, the main message of todays lesson was the following sentence: "I live my life from a centre of stillness which is the true source of love, joy and fearlessness."

As I mentioned yesterday (read here), I'm doing this journey scripture based. If it doesn't line up with the word of God, it's not for me. So I took a look at the sentence, prayed about it and looked for scriptures to back it up. What initially came to mind, which isn't a scripture per se, was Jesus being the centre of my joy. The second was "Be still and know that I am God" (Ps 46:10).

Then I came across 1 John 4:18-19 which says: "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. We love because he first loved us."

Source
This solidified to me that where there is love, there's no fear. Although not currently applicable in my life, this word has a perfect application when it comes to relationships. I've been there though, feeling insecure, inadequate, not pretty enough etc, clinging on to a relationship with all my might, just praying he won't find someone better. If that's you, sweetie it's not worth it! Either walk away, if your man's the cause for your insecurities, or allow God to restore your confidence, for at times it's nothing your (current) partner did but the result of something else. It's true what they say, confidence is the sexiest thing in a woman (not to be confused with conceited or arrogant). And as my husband says, having to constantly reassure your woman is not flattering. 

With the other scriptures in mind, whom/what do we have to fear but God alone? If we look within, our centre, and find Christ residing there, we're golden. For He is love, He is our joy, and as we've read, were there is love there is no fear. 

Day 1 Take Away: To be fearless, I need God in my life, my core. Knowing that He's ruler over my life will allow me to be still and not fear.

Love & Bless Y'all!

Stay Pretty & Precious

0 comments to “Find Love & Be Fearless”

Post a Comment