May 13, 2014

What's Your Purpose?

,
Hey guys!

I haven't been on here in ages. Keep putting it off and my spare time lately has been spent catching catnaps ever since I had my baby. Yup, had another little one 2 months ago :)

I started out this year as part of a 2014 blogger challenge. I was hoping that it would inspire me to blog on a more consistent basis. It worked for a while too until the topics just didn't fit or suite what I believe my core audience wants to read about. 

Source
I then said I was going to "journal" a meditation journey that I stumbled upon. I was hoping to be "more in touch" with myself and know precisely what it is I'm supposed to do with my life. Well, after about 2 sessions, I might have done 3, I came to the conclusion that it wasn't what I was hoping it would be and left it alone. 

There's nothing wrong in trying out different things in order to find out what works for you. Nothing to feel bad about or beat yourself up over. Simply leave it a lesson learned. At least we now know what doesn't work. Through process of elimination we're bound to find out what does eventually. 

I read that a similar approach is needed when trying to realize our purpose in life. It's easy enough to sit and think about what you think you'd love to do for the rest of your life, cause I know that's how I eliminated a number of options. But to truly realize your purpose, (notice I say 'realize' and not 'find'. It's not something that's lost out there, it's within you as it is a part of you) you need to DO. If you believe you're called to be an aerobics instructor, give it a try. It's the only way to confirm of refute it. You'll either love it and feel more fulfilled than ever, or you'll realize you prefer being part of the class as opposed to teaching it. 

I hope we all realize and live out our God given purpose. For those of you that are, know how blessed you are. For us still figuring it out, we're blessed to have to want it and that the opportunity is still there. It's never too late. 

Love & Bless Y'all!

Stay Pretty & Precious, 
Peace

0 comments to “What's Your Purpose?”

Post a Comment