Sep 2, 2013

Let Go and Let God!

,
Happy Labor day to you all. I trust and pray that it's been a lovely day off to all my North American ladies (& gents).

So having been through a rather tough weekend emotionally, still working through it, I have to force myself to adjust my attitude. I know I touched on the subject on Friday, but it's a process y'all. Whoever said that it's easy as pie to turn a frown upside down, (not sure anyone actually said it was, but it sure can be implied when you hear phrases like "get over it") needs to check their sources. 

I hate feeling sad and blue but at the same time my particular concern isn't in my hands to change. That too is in and of itself frustrating.  But as the quote goes, "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude". How though? 

The one thing I've noticed that's helped is to remove all focus from myself, and sitting at home dwelling is not the way. Leaving my house and interacting with other positive and happy people definitely helped. Another thing I hear helps is to ask for help. But see, the thing about that is that it involves being vulnerable in front of someone else, and at times it may also involve revealing some of your dirty laundry. And why is that a problem? Pride. 

I mean, I've worked this hard to perfect the persona behind this great big (sometimes fake) smile (& I aint the only one, lol). Revealing myself and being "bare" in front of someone else would reveal that I was "putting up a front". I find that this pride issue is rather prominent in my beloved black community, although I know it's a human issue, not a black issue. 

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom" (Prov 11:2 NIV) "Where there is strife, there is pride, but wisdom is found in those who take advise" (Prov 13:10)

These 2 scriptures show that we do need to get over ourselves, get rid of all traces of pride, and do what's needed to gain wisdom (with which I believe joy and peace also come). If you know this is an area of concerns, God's grace is sufficient. Ask and you shall receive. As I deal with crucifying this "fleshly" trait in prayer, I lift you up as well. Life's too precious to spend it being being miserable, so lets get our joy on and do the happy dance :)

Today's Take Away Though: Though we go trough some difficult times, we need to keep our focus on Jesus, the centre of our joy. If pride is hindering you from seeking the necessary help/advise, pray that God will deliver you from it so that you can go on to enjoy your life. 

Bless & Love Y'all!

Stay Pretty & Precious, 
Peace

0 comments to “Let Go and Let God! ”

Post a Comment