Apr 11, 2013

Music to My Ears

,
I'm sitting here watching the encore presentation of Celebration of Gospel on BET (I wasn't able to catch it on Sunday when it originally aired) and I'm here moved by the incredible voices and the spirit behind these voices, the love of God. It literary flows out of them. I just love it. I LOVE music. It is truly one of my passions, and for a while I thought that it was also my calling. I'd learned that passion and purpose are linked, but recently learned that calling is separate.  
The book I spoke of yesterday (that I need to finish reading by Wednesday, lol) explains that your calling is doing what you are able to do right now, i.e. using what's in your hand, your natural gift and ability. By honoring what's in your hand, God will open doors for you which will allow you to experience the desires of your heart, your passion. The book in question by the way is "For this I was Born" by Brian Houston, pastor of Hillsong Church in Sydney, Australia.

I still hope though to touch and move people however God decides, the way that music touches and moves me. Right now I feel and think I need to re-submerge myself in God's word and just dedicate and devote more time to seeking His face. I need to be filled so that I can pour out to you guys. I want to make a difference and inspire you guys and not just yap about any ol' thing. Hopefully you feel my heart because my heart is in this. 

On a different note, today's national sibling day, so to my lovely sissy's, Jackie & Michelle, I love you bunches!!!

Be blessed y'all!

Stay Pretty & Precious, 
Peace

0 comments to “Music to My Ears”

Post a Comment