Feb 15, 2013

Pursuit of Happiness - Dream Big!

,
Hey guys! TGIF, the weekend is here :)  Although I'm currently on maternity leave and all my days pretty much look the same, I appreciate that I don't have to get up early on the weekend to fix my boys lunch for school. I don't have any special plans for the weekend, other than watching the NBA All-star weekend events. Being married to a sports enthusiast it's hard to avoid these kind of things, and I try to be supportive and take some interest in his interests. He does the same for me and watches The Real Housewives of Atlanta with me. That's marriage for you I guess, lol.

One of tonight's NBA All-star events is the celebrity charity game, and hubby was talking and stated that he'd love to be famous so he could partake in the festivities. And it got me thinking, what's stopping him? I'm sure most of the celebrities out there set out with the intention to make it big and become famous, so why not him? Certain dreams in life need to be actively pursued. It's not going to fall in your lap, no one's randomly going to knock on your door and offer you a role in a move or a record deal. You have to put yourself out there and audition, try. The same goes for any other big pursuit you may have, put yourself out there.

The reason I believe some people don't try is because they're vulnerable, and understandably so. It's hard to have a stranger criticize something you want so bad, but unless you grow thick skin and say 'against all odds', 'no matter what', 'I'm going to make this happen', then you probably won't.  Nobody else can care about the pursuit of your dream more than you. Gabourey Sidibe, the lead actress in the movie "Precious" got the part by responding to an open cast calling. She's won numerous awards, and nominated for many more, including the prestigious Academy Award for Best Actress as a result. What if she never tried?

Whatever your dream is, you owe it to yourself to pursue it.  So pull yourself up by your bootstraps, and start chasing that dream.

Best of Luck!

0 comments to “Pursuit of Happiness - Dream Big!”

Post a Comment