Sep 9, 2013

Do for Others

,
Happy Monday! Hope you had a lovely weekend. Mine was somewhat uneventful but great all the same. I can't forget, the return of regular season football. Hubby (and the rest of the fam for that matter) where adorn in Steelers gear. Sadly our team lost. But it's all good. 16 more weeks to go :)

Today I wanted to briefly touch on the topic of being there for others. We all have our needs and wants and perhaps we wish that someone would do us this favour or that favour. I've personally wanted someone to volunteer to be my mentor (for business, pursuing life goals purposes). But I also know we reap what we sow

If I want a mentor, I should try being one. If you want someone to give you something, give something to someone else. And not the person you want something from either. The law of reciprocity doesn't imply it's from the same exact individual you gave to. It could be, but it's certainly not required. A seed sown is just that, a seed, that will grow. It's not about "favours" waiting to be "cashed in" at a later time. In fact giving expecting something in return is not a gift, it's a barter trade. 
Courtesy of facebook.com

In spite of all our needs we have to learn to be selfless. If we take the focus off ourselves we'll be surprised how our problems can seem to shrink. Only our minds and focus magnify a thing to what it is. So this week I challenge you to do something for somebody else, requesting nothing in return; and watch as God smiles down on you :)

Today's Take Away Thought: Do for others what you would have them do for you. "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you" (John 15:12 ESV)

Bless & Love Y'all!

Stay Pretty & Precious, 
Peace

0 comments to “Do for Others ”

Post a Comment