Jul 3, 2013

Brought Me from a Mighty Long Way

,
Hey ladies!! Gosh, another late night, lol (1:20am). I was on the couch watching some YouTube videos and next thing I know, I'm asleep, lol. It's all good though. I was determined to come on here and show you all some love :)

So I was on Instagram this morning, looking at all these pictures and I came across a lady who had posted pic's of her back in Africa visiting her family. It was clear that her relatives didn't have too much as far as materialistic things go, however she seemed so proud to show them off in their humble state.  To further put things into perspective this is someone who is part of, and mingles with Atlanta's aka Hotlanta's celebrities.

The reason I was somewhat taken aback I think is because my parents are from Africa, but a part of me would be somewhat ashamed to show the "not-so-nice" (the poor) parts of Uganda. I'm not sure why that is, and therefore it moved me that this lady seemingly didn't care. She was proud of her humble beginnings. And it just reminded me, never despise small beginnings! And once you've "arrived", don't forget where you came from. That's how you remain humble. 

Too many people are too quick to forget the sacrifices made to get where you are, and you're too busy trying to fit in with the crowd, not wanting anyone to know that you weren't born into this. Meanwhile, the truth is this is the result of hard work, determination, perseverance and God's grace. 

Looking back should not be an act of regret or condemnation, but rather a praise unto God for what He saw you through and brought you out of. It should be an act of charity (love) to those that have not been as fortunate to see their way out from that place yet. Never be ashamed of of who you were or where you came from.

"He brought me out of the miry clay, He set my feet on the rock to stand, He put a song in my heart to sing, that's why I sing Hallelujah!" 

Bless and Love Y'all!

Stay Pretty & Precious, 
Peace

0 comments to “Brought Me from a Mighty Long Way”

Post a Comment