Jun 18, 2013

A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed

,
Today my sister sent me an encouraging message as to what attitude to carry when going through trials and tribulations. The meesage in question can be found James 1:2-4.  It says to count it ALL joy, when we go through various trials. Imagine that for a second.... To actually be happy about going through difficulties is a God given attitude that requires faith

I know we've all been through our fare share of trials, and I don't know about you, but I wasn't too happy about it. The scripture goes on to say though that the testing of our faith produces patience. I talked about patience (and my lack thereof) in a previous post, but what I did't reference is what can be found in verse 4, "let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing". That's what God said, not me. So because I don't want to lack anything, I'm getting with this program asap! Lol. 

Courtesy of friends936.wordpress.com
This also made me realize the importance of having friends and/or family that are able to encourage you and lift you up in the Lord. If you don't have that someone, I encourage that you pray for that. You can also be that someone to somebody else. As the saying goes, the best way to get a friend is to be a friend. 

I will say though that fulfilling this scripture cannot be done in our own strength. You need to be connected to the Man above. Lean on Him, seek Him, trust Him, and go to Him time and time again. I promise you can't wear him out, and He'll never get tired of you, so go for it :)

Bless and Love Y'all!

Stay Pretty & Precious, 
Peace

0 comments to “A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed”

Post a Comment