Apr 28, 2013

Stay Connected

,
Sunday = Fun-day! That's what my day has been today. With the beautiful weather we've had, it's set the tone for just a good mood and a great day.

I got to know new people in my church and a brief conversation revealed that we had quite a bit in common. Getting to know new people is not always easy, for some at least. My husband's the type who can befriend just about anyone, me on the other hand, not as easily. I mean I'm friendly, but making friends goes beyond that. 

Part of it I think is being able to connect and communicate, and then keeping the lines of communication so that a friendship can grow. I think my problem has been the connecting part cause it has to be mutual to work, or does it? Whatever the case may be, I don't have a lot of friends here in Canada.

Being and feeling connected is of great value to us in different areas of our lives. Our job, kids, family, friends, and our world as a whole. (By the way, by connected I'm referring to feeling a bonded relation and/or affiliation). 

Bible's take on being connected
Whether you feel a lack of connection in an area of your life or simply wish to be more connected (or "plugged in" as some say), being in the present, the here and now will allow you to get the most out of life. And I don't mean being connected to, for instance social media 24/7. Quite the opposite actually because I think that being wired (or "wirelessly") connected can at times be an excuse for human interaction and connection.

What's your take? Are we being more or less connected through the internet, social media in particular? Would love to hear your thoughts.

Stay Pretty & Precious,
Peace

0 comments to “Stay Connected”

Post a Comment