Apr 27, 2013

I've got the Power

,
Hey ladies! Today was such a beautiful day. Here in Toronto the weather is finally coming to its senses so I took the advantage, did some yard work and took the kids to the park.

I'm currently trying to teach my son how to ride a bike, and boy, it's really trying my patience, lol. My oldest is now finally comfortable and confident in his cycling ability, however I can't take the credit for teaching him, that medal goes to his grandpa. My 8 year old though, (I know I should have taught him when he was younger, but hey, that's how it goes sometimes) is proving to be a challenge. 

My frustration (and his too for that matter) makes it tempting to throw in the towel and call it day, however whenever I want to quit, I remember my mom. My mom doesn't know how to swim or ride a bike, but she found it important to break that cycle and taught me both! It amazes me that she had the insight to teach me something, give me that gift, not allowing fear to cripple me, yet she couldn't. I later asked her how she did it and her response was she saw how they did it on TV, lol. Love her!!!

My mom's determination and success in breaking a cycle is the only thing stopping me from caving in. I mean after all, how important is it really? It's the principle though. He will learn how to ride his bike.

I know that there are more serious repetitive cycles that go on for generations and generations, everything from single parent households to gang initiations, fears of all kind (particularly the unknown or unfamiliar) and education (lack thereof that is). 

If you've noticed there's a negative cycle that's being repeated in your family tree, I want to let you know, you have the power to change and break anything and everything that you don't want to see passed on to your children and grandchildren. You just have to make up your mind and say, it ends with me! Period. If you don't have the tools necessary, find someone who does. Where there's a will, there's a way :)

Be blessed!

Stay Pretty & Precious,
Peace

0 comments to “I've got the Power”

Post a Comment