Apr 17, 2013

Blessing in Disguise

,
A week ago I posted how my goal for the next 7 days was to finish reading the book that I'm currently reading. Well.... Unfortunately I have about 30 pages left to complete my goal. However I'm not discouraged or have any sense of failure. That's how it goes sometimes. I'm closer to finishing the book today than I was a week ago, and so I've made progress. I believe that as long as I don't loose sight of my goal and still aim to complete it, it's all good. 

Too many times we place pressure on ourselves to get things done, and then beat ourselves upside-down with guilt or regret over what we haven't accomplished. We should've graduated from college, should've been more organized, should not have gotten pregnant, shouldn't have gone to jail, etc. Failure is not falling down, but staying down. And many times what we consider failure becomes part of our testimony to help or even save somebody else from the same thing we went through. Looking back we'd then not categorize this as failure but rather a blessing in disguise as it's brought us to the point we're at today, made us who we are today.

Good and bad, pass along the knowledge you've gained from your experiences. You may not have children you can warn, inspire, or share with. However I'm sure there is a friend, a niece, nephew, neighbor or sibling that you can minister too. There's an old proverb that says the wise learns from the mistakes of others, the fool from his own. I agree only in part as I believe you do learn from your own mistakes too, however why not avoid all that mess, heartache, sorrow and pain, and forgo that lesson all together by listening to, and learning from the counsel of others.

Any chance you have to be a God's vessel, use it! You will be blessed for it :)

Stay Pretty & Precious, 
Peace

0 comments to “Blessing in Disguise”

Post a Comment