Jul 31, 2015

How to Safely Enjoy the Rest of the Summer

,
Safe Summer Sunscreen

What's up my gorgeous readers!! Praying y'all are having a fabulous day. Ladies, it's the last day of July already!!! Can y'all believe that?! This summer is just running by. Goodness! Make sure you take the time to get out there and ENJOY it too. Yes, keep working and hustling, but don't forget WHY you're actually doing all that. Enjoy the fruits of your labour and the beautiful life that God has blessed you with. We may not all be able to jump on a plane to Maui, but as beautiful as today is, go ahead and take a stroll through the park. You can close your eyes and envision Maui for your next vacation ;) 


What your mind can conceive and believe, it can also achieve

With that said, you may recall me talking about the 3 Things Everyone with a Dream can Learn from The Chesscake Factory yesterday, and how ideas don't necessarily need to be original. Well didn't I come across a company that makes a sunscreen targeted for ethnic people?! I'm telling y'all, all you need is a marketing genius, and you're well on your way, lol. 

So I got a little curious about us black folks and sunscreen. I tried to find some statistics on the usage of sunscreen in the black community, but what I found was pretty much ancient data, lol. I know I myself don't use sunscreen (did I say that out loud? Lol). And even though my melanin has a built-in SPF of about 15, to get the same amount of vitamin D as my caucasian sisters, I'd have to stay out in the sun longer which is no bueno.  So here are my top 3 tips to having a safe and enjoyable summer.


Safe Sunning

Yup, you guessed it, sunscreen. Lather that bad-boy on! If the one you have leaves a yucky white residue, return it and ask the sales person to recommend another one. No excuses. Stay away from the spray-on sunscreen though as they're known to not be safe.


Safe Sipping

No, not alcohol, although you should drink responsibly too, lol. WATER - Drinking water is important period, but during hot humid summer days, it's imperative! Yes it's annoying to have to go pee on the hour, every hour, but trust me, your skin will thank you :)


Safe Swimming

While we're on the topic of water, swimming, jet-skiing, boating, tubing, "anything-ing" that has to do with water, wear a life-jacket for safety measures if you're swimming skills aren't on fleek. And even then, keep one handy just incase.

So there you have it. August starts tomorrow, stay safe, stay happy, and stay blessed. Oh and before you go, let me know in the comments below what your plans for August are :)

Love & Bless Y'all!

Stay Pretty & Precious, 
Peace

0 comments to “How to Safely Enjoy the Rest of the Summer”

Post a Comment