Dec 2, 2013

Are You in a Motivational Slump?

,
I'm sitting here feeling bad that I haven't posted here in a while. I don't want to write just for the sake of writing, but I feel that unless I push myself, I may never (or at least very seldom) have that great A-ha moment. What are your tips on getting and feeling inspired? 

I always aim to stay positive in all situations, and many times it works, other times not so much. As I mentioned before I'm reading up on business and branding, particularly for an entrepreneur. And I found that being so focused on the business side of things, I forgot about the passion behind it. How can one be inspired while lacking passion? Not sure it's possible. If it is, I haven't mastered the skill.  

My previous post about "The Importance of being Focused" neglected to mention one very important thing, focus on the right thing. Ultimately only you can decide and know what that is, however it ought to be positive.

Here's a quote on the topic that I came across:
People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents. ~Andrew Carnegie
This bids the question, what are we motived by? Again, this can only be answered on an individual level. Our motivation and focus are intertwined and my prayer is that mine are God-led. 

Credit: pinterest.com
Allow God to direct your path and allow Him to be your inspiration. He can make a way where there seems to be no way, and through Him you can speak life to dry bones (read Ezekiel 37:1-14 on this topic). 

Going over this passage just rejuvenated me and I've been reminded of the power of positive confession. I hope you too can find this scripture encouraging and fuel your motivation.

I'd love to hear your ideas on how you stay motivated and inspired when things just seem "blah". 

As always, Love & Bless Y'all!

Stay Pretty & Precious, 
Peace

1 comments:

  1. I think we have find ourselves hitting those dry spells. I'm in one at the moment myself. Lots of ideas are swirling around in my head but haven't quite gotten them into any type of post form.

    ReplyDelete