Nov 27, 2013

Knowledge is Power

,
Hey guys! It's another late night post. But I wanted to get this one up and not procrastinate, so midnight it is :)

Over the past couple of days I've been reading up on, and studying about entrepreneurship. Prior to getting books on the subject I was simply doing the good ol' google searches. It amazed me though the wealth of knowledge that's out there. And it's out there for the taking. 

Courtesy of Pinterest.com
I heard once that if you want to hide something from a black man (or woman), put it in a book. I of course found this particularly sad being black myself. Although perhaps not applicable to myself, I admit to having witnessed a somewhat lesser interest and enthusiasm for reading in some (not all, so don't come at me, lol) black brothers. It's such a shame though because knowledge truly unlocks and opens up so many opportunities, regardless of the topic. 

The bible even states, "my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge" (Hosea 4:6). Although the scripture applies to knowing God, the same can be applied in other areas. Referring real quick to the scripture though, if you don't know what God has done, can do, and has promised you, you might very well be living a life subpar of the life that you could and are entitled to through Christ. 

I've heard of peoples rights being infringed upon, only because they weren't aware of what their rights were. People will take advantage and pull a fast one on you if you're not observant and know what's rightfully yours.

Knowledge as you can see is not only beneficial physically, but spiritually too. TV can't replace books (I've used that excuse myself, referring to documentaries etc), and although a useful tool, you'll find so much more in good old fashioned books. Try and make it a point to read at least 2 books a year. We're all busy, but I think with kindle and whatnot (I still prefer the actual book, but I ain't judging, lol), we can find the time to squeeze in a chapter here 'n' there and strive for higher awareness :)

Bless & Love Y'all!

Stay Pretty & Precious, 
Peace

0 comments to “Knowledge is Power”

Post a Comment